Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Angry Women United

I am absolutely obsessed with Margaret Cho's blog posts on Beauty & Body Image. She doesn't hold back what she's thinking or feeling. Margaret is pissed the fuck off and she is letting the world know. I love it. I love it so much. For awhile now, I've been trying to hold back my anger. I really have. But having anger, having passion for something is not something that should be held back all the time. If that was the case, then no one would ever stand up about anything they believe in. There would not have been any kind of change in this world. Anger and passion... Two feelings I have been trying to lock away, but can no longer.

I've been known to lecture when I hear people say anything negative about other people. Especially with the girls in my family. If I hear one of them bashing some girl in their class I get fucking livid. Trust me, my wrath is known. Sometimes it will be about the tiniest thing and I will look like a crazy dramatic bitch. But what people don't understand is that those tiny words like "fat" or "slut" and the like are not tiny words. They are not words that should be taken lightly and it makes me angry that we live in a society where these words are thrown around like nothing. You hear them at school, at work, in public, from your friends, and from your family... these words are everywhere. They are usually linked with the excuse, "Well, they said this about me" or "They did this to me." Not an excuse. I do not and will not take that as an excuse. EVER.

I grew up with plenty of people saying horrible things to me and about me. I didn't go around saying horrible things about them because "they did it first." No, because I know its wrong and I know its hurtful and scarring and I would never, ever want to inflict that kind of hurt and pain on another person. Not even my worst enemy.

I am obsessed with reading Margaret Cho's blogposts because she is so raw that it gives me goosebumps to have someone at her status spew anger that I have in my own heart about the fucking assholes in this world. Margaret Cho is fierce. She is angry. She is real. I wish more women were as pissed off as she is because it disgusts me how much we put up with in this world today. We have girls pining for abusers like Chris Brown, we have girls starving themselves to be on Top Model type tv shows and we have girls being beaten down by society because their size, race, beliefs, sex life and everything else in-between. Maybe if we had more women in this world like Margaret Cho we wouldn't be watching the rich, old, white men in our government slowly take away the rights our mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers and so-on fought so hard for us to have.

Margaret is pissed off. I'm pissed off. You should be pissed off.
There are so many different topics that I want to tell you to be pissed off about, but I shouldn't have to tell you. It's common fucking sense. It's common fucking sense to be a decent human being...

- arp

No comments:

Post a Comment