Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts

There’s something about the rain at 1 am along with a toothache that just makes you want to sit up with your laptop and write some material for your soon-to-be blog. I keep trying to think of what would make my blog interesting for people to want to keep coming back to. And I just realized at this moment what usually makes me want to go back to a certain website, blog or writer is when it feels like they’re talking to me as a friend. I love honesty and the quiet sense of vulnerability from a writer. I figured that right now would be a good time for both of those things to come from me. I am currently sitting in my living room with the rain pounding on the roof, my laptop on my coffee table, feeling inspired at 1 am with a little help from a pain killer. (wisdom teeth out + pain = pain killer) I apologize in advance if this just doesn’t make sense. What a great way to start off a blog. Anyway, guess what? Thanksgiving is in two days and I am super bummed about not being able to dive face first into a table of turkey and goodies. But that isn’t stopping me from making some delicious deserts for the rest of my family! Below is a picture of Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies. The picture and recipe is here. The blog it's from is awesome and I encourage you to check it out for some delicious recipes!

I'm sure mine aren't going to turn out as cute and delicious looking as these, but I can't wait to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment